Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pinnacle Valley Road Hot Tar Advisory- Wednesday and Thursday

My not-really-related cousin Jim Barton has informed me that his company will be resurfacing approximately 2 miles of Pinnacle Valley Road in Wednesday and Thursday, May 6, 7. The area is from the corner of Pinnacle Valley and County Farm Road to, if my Google Earth estimation is correct, the base of the climb west of the Maumelle Park entrance.
No, we could not talk him into painting in some bike lanes. I think he muttered something about continuing his employment and contractual obligations, but all I really heard was, "no". The activity may limit our rides for a couple of days, but the smooth new surface will be great for road bikes and speeding vehicles.
As with any contracting operation, the schedule is subject to change due to weather or other factors, and I don't know what conditions will be outside of working hours. I assume the road will stay open but lane closures, hot sticky tar, and loose gravel do not generally enhance the road bike experience.
Pass it on.

No comments: