Monday, October 4, 2010

Along The River Trail

You just never know what is going to pull up to the moorings on the river in NLR's Riverfront Park. As I returned to my car after my evening ride tonight, I noticed that this big rig had pulled up during my 45 minute absence.

In front is the Corps of Engineers' inspection barge. behind is a tow boat with one VERY big crane.

This crane was built for maintenance of the Montgomery Point Lock and Dam and will be available for use along the entire Arkansas River Navigation System. The crane is rated for 600 tons in its crawler configuration, but is only rated for 260 tons while mounted on this platform. Pretty cool if you happen to like big machines. The crane was just built and put into service. It will be commissioned on Wednesday at 2:00PM at its current location along the trail.

http://www.manitowoccranes.com/MCG_MC/Products/EN/model18000.asp

No comments: