Monday, August 31, 2009

Bride Rides



Diane and Allison on Sunday's Bride Ride.....
noting Allison's "delicate condition", perhaps a "Shotgun Bride Ride"?

I've been asked this question several times during "event" rides, "Doesn't Diane get mad when you just drop her and ride off?"; to which I respond, "Not nearly as mad as she gets when I ride with her and tell her, 'come on, come on'". It's largely a matter of style. Diane's approach to cycling is very laid back and I'm a tad more energetic.
But we do ride together and those special outings are called Bride Rides. Last Sunday, we met Chris Shaw and lucked upon John and Allison Martin and their running buds Lea and Greg Jacuzzi, who were in the Bride Ride mode. A good Bride Ride involves a lot of conversation and an average speed not to exceed 14 MPH. Diane was on a bit of a mission, making only a brief appearance between gym and boating, so Chris Shaw and I were left to maintain order. I must say that The Martins and Jacuzzis do good Bride Ride. They even sealed the deal with a stop at ZaZa for gelato, gaining some bonus style points for their effort.

No comments: