Monday, April 13, 2009

Short shots

Want to feel your hair stand on end? Check this out.

From our friend and neighbor, Hunter, comes this link:
Click here: http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741%3E%3E

Be sure you have five minutes set aside for some spine-tingling inspiration.

Thanks, Hunter!

One of several reasons (OK, four of several reasons) that I'm not skinny:

Hunter and husband Mark also dropped off some Pandera Bread cinnamon rolls yesterday. These bombs are my current favorite health food. They will fit a mid-sized plate and are quite delicious. I have mixed emotions about their motives on the cinnamon rolls, which I have dispatched with great enthusiasm (OK, Diane got one!), though at the expense of my "Get Lean" aspirations. I THINK Mark and Hunter were being very kind to me, though they are somewhat aware of my relationship with my bathroom scales. I estimate that it will take me an incremental 60 miles on the bike to get even. Hmmmm.....I guess can do that!

T. Boone Pickens on a national energy policy:

"They say the best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is today."

Makes sense to me. Pickens made his billions in oil and has become a vocal proponent of wind energy among other alternative resources. If we had been investing in alternative energy infrastructure and energy efficient products for the last few decades, I think we could have avoided little inconveniences like $4.00 gasoline and a couple of wars. It takes discipline and resolve, but the best time to patch a leaky roof is when the sun is shining. Let's not allow current low energy prices to distract us from the problem of energy dependence.

No comments: