Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Overly Considerate Drivers; Breakfast of Champions (Probably Not)


Last Saturday, I rode out with Diane for her morning shopping trip. Her regular downtown rounds include the River Market to pick up bread at Boulevard, the Argenta Farmers' Market for produce, and Firewater Liquor for a bottle or two of her favorite vino. I misunderstood her planned sequence and made wrong turn on the approach to the Farmers' Market, which was spread over two parking lots divided by a side street. As I stood in the first lot trying to spot Diane across the street, two drivers stopped in mid-block to let me cross, effectively blocking traffic in both directions. Heck, I was just standing there, but after much frantic waving, I crossed the street just to get traffic moving.
I appreciate the consideration, but, folks, in most situations, just drive normally and we'll all get along.


Mmmmmmmmm......breakfast burrito!

As Diane was deep into the shopping for fresh veggies, I had hunger pangs and headed out in search of breakfast. Bikes are not welcome inside the River Market (VERY bad policy!), so I ended up at Sonic on Broadway in Little Rock. The outdoor ordering and picnic table made for a convenient and comfortable setup as depicted in the photo above. I enjoyed a burrito, tots, and a cherry limeade while sitting in the shade watching the world go by.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the reason that I follow your blog. Where else can you be exposed to such cutting edge subject matter as what JB had for breakfast. And what a great pictoral depiction of a half eaten Sonic breakfast burrito!!!!

JBar said...

Only the best for my readers!! At least there was half a burrito left for you and not just a greasy wrapper.
This is bigger than "what JB had for breakfast".It's much bigger than that. This is all about expanding horizons and exploring the possibilities. Like Sonic burritos.

Unknown said...

I fully understand this. That is why I am wondering why we had no info and photo shot of the restroom that you hit about 30 to 45 minutes later!!