Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wanna bet?

With all of the early hype regarding this year's Tour de France, I decided to do a little research and see how the British odds makers viewed things.

Here's how the bookies currently see Lance Armstrong's chances:

Odds to make the podium:  11/8
Odds to win a stage: 15/8
Odds to finish ahead of Contador: 7/2

Bradley Wiggins odds for podium finish: 11/4
Wiggins to win 2010 Tour: 20/1

Mark Cavendish to win 6 stages: 7/4
Cavendish to win 5 stages: 1/1

Odds on Contador to have 7 career Tour wins: 7/2

It's early, folks, so there are limited betting lines and there is no guarantee that any of these riders will even make it to the start line, given the dangerous nature of bike racing.  I'm not a gambler, but I'd still be willing to bet that it's going to be an exciting Tour, one way or the other!

1 comment:

Robert Mooney said...

armstrongs comment after flanders "I am in the best form of my life" I don't know if that was racing form, bank account, or love life? but none the less,interesting