Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spam Patrol

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed some spam appearing among the comments to JBarCycling blog posts. I do not moderate or edit comments and these seem to pop up in posts that are a few weeks old. If you should notice a comment with a link to an ad or that otherwise smells of spam, please drop me a note at jbarcycling@comcast.net so that I can delete it. I have no intention of limiting opinion or cleaning up your language and don't object to somebody giving a call-out for a local event, but I will try to keep my readers from getting sucked into the purchase of knock-off Rolexes or chinchilla lined bib shorts from a third-world country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm an Nigerian Prince and I need someone to purchase me a new Cervelo S5. I can not buy this bike because of Visa issues, please buy a 56cm Cervelo S5 di2 and send it to my escro s3 Foreskin way Nigeria, Nigeria 234-24354 and I will wire you the cost of the Cervelo plus a 1 million dollar finders fee! jk

Chad said...

Wool has nothing on chinchilla...

Unknown said...

Turn on comment moderation for posts over 10 days old or something b/c who cares anway after it's (whatever time you think is) too old.

Anonymous said...

Leave comments over 10 days, no need for a few spammers to spoil it for the rest of us loyal readers