Friday, May 29, 2009

Little Rock Ride-to-Work




And the winners are...........


Top Photo: The winning Team Garver and their well-deserved trophy
Bottom Photo: Yours truly, the REAL winner, with icing on my lips, a delicious cinnamon roll, a good cup of coffee and two very cute rider chicks.






Friday, May 30th, was Bike to Work Day here. I joined Diane for a very pleasant early morning ride downtown to meet the Garver Team. The morning was a cool 65 degrees and the ride through an empty Argenta Main Street and across the Arkansas River was a great way to start the day.




...and things just kept getting better!





On arrival, I grabbed a hot cup of really good coffee from the spread provided by BACA and a cinnamon roll that had to be from Boulevard Bread. I've got a bit of a pastry problem and these flaky, cream-cheese icing covered bombs are among my favorites in town. Being unsure as to whether I'd given the first one a fair evaluation, I had to go back for another.


Drawings were held for door prizes and, since the local bike shops had been very generous, the drawings went a couple of rounds. I scored some Sport Beans and a Camel Bak water bottle. Unfortunately, the water bottle is pink. I'm confident enough to ride in pink, but my chances of keeping the bottle are slim, as I'm sure that Diane has already determined that it is a perfect compliment to her pink-trimmed Madone.





Garver always has a great turnout for these events and rode away, literally, with the team trophy packed in one of Diane's panniers.





Congratulations to Team Garver and thanks to Bike Advocacy of Central Arkansas and the other sponsors of this event.

1 comment:

ASHLEY said...

You have a pastry problem? No way! =)