Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Landmark for JBarCycling

It's no big deal in a world where a YouTube post can pull millions of hits, but page views for JBarCycling have just passed the 100,000 mark since Google started providing me with stats. I've posted a total of 549 articles and currently get an average of a little over 1500 reads per week. When I started writing the blog, very few folks knew about it and I'm sure that many of the early articles were read by fewer than half-a-dozen friends. I still enjoy the writing and I still try to inform and entertain. I'm not selling anything, so my only reward is the positive feedback that I get from you guys; some of it in the form of posted comments, but most of it comes in the form of a shouted "thanks" from a passing rider. Every once in a while, I get a comment that really touches me, such as the airman on the BDB100 ride who thanked me for giving him a link with home while he was deployed in the Middle East. I didn't have much of a plan when I started and, frankly, I still don't, so I'll just keep muddling along and hope that you keep reading.
I'll tell the rest of you the same thing I told the airman. Thank you. You guys are what makes this a fun and rewarding endeavor for me.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Congrats!

Merc said...

Thanks so much for the great info!