Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pedal On Down To Pedal Palooza- Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:00 AM-4:00PM


I really appreciate events like this, as it gives a community a place to pick up bargains and get rid of unneeded goods, an environmentally and economically sound practice. As a bit of a gear-head, I always seem to have parts and pieces that never made it to some project or used gear that is perfectly functional but no longer in my "active use" inventory.  Of course, I'm also a procrastinator, so I still have all of that stuff! While Pedal Palooza won't clear my garage and barn of surplus kayaking, windsurfing, camping, fishing and cycling gear, I may be able to pick up some stuff that I think I really need!

At Biketoberfest last fall, I was in the middle of a project to renovate a vintage Trek road bike, and was in need of some brakes and a rear derailleur.I had a pair of Shimano Ultegra shifters, but really didn't want to spend a couple of hundred bucks to complete the group. I was able to pick up everything I needed for a few dollars and topped it off with a Brooks Team Professional saddle for a fraction of retail.

I was able to make a practical project of this sweet ride.

I'm not in the market for anything right now, but I still plan to check out Pedal Palooza, and may have to ride my town bike so I will have panniers just in case i run across something that I just don't know that I need yet!

No comments: