Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Pitch: Seeking Donations for the MS150

The warning above is to allow for early exits by disinterested parties, but if you made it this far…..please read on!
2007 MS150 in my sporty then-new Fast Girl jersey.


For the several years, I’ve ridden in the MS150. It’s one of my favorite rides and the proceeds go to a very worthy cause. After I started doing the ride, I found that I knew people with MS and I also learned that the MS Society uses the money that we raise to help real people who are challenged by this disease. Follow the link below, whip out your credit card and drop a few bucks for a good cause. Let’s be realistic; are you really going to notice another $5-10.00 on your bill at the end of the month? (hint: NO)
You’ll feel good the moment you confirm your contribution and the high rollers among you will enjoy the tax deduction!

That’s it! You can put it to the man by giving!! If you want to REALLY stick it to the man, make it fifty bucks. You will send a message, my friend!!

I wrote that part. Here's the official line:

Every hour of every day, someone is diagnosed with MS. That's why I registered for the Bike MS Tour, and why I'm asking you to support my fund raising efforts with a tax-deductible donation.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to creating a world free from MS but they can't do it without our help. It's faster and easier than ever to support this cause that's so important to me. Simply click on the link at the bottom of this message. If you prefer, you can send your contribution to the address listed below.


You can give money here:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=2178187&pg=personal&fr_id=12750&et=OM8aUN_ZWMlHsYlQ56kEgQ..&s_tafId=136815

Contributors are entitled to absolutely FREE ACCESS to JBar Cycling!! Of course, non-contributors also get free access to JBar Cycling, but without the accompanying joy of giving! MS150 riders and contributors to other riders get a free pass.

No comments: