Friday, October 11, 2013

Junction Bridge LED Lighting Project: Sneak Preview

My friend John Martin sent me a link and I poached this video from the Arkansas Times Arkansas Blog. The lighting of the downtown bridges will make the already dramatic setting of our City along the river into something that is nothing short of a spectacular nighttime scene!
I believe that many travelers passing through on I-30 will say to themselves, "Wow! I've got to come back and see what this city is all about."
Very cool stuff continues to happen here in Central Arkansas.

As food for thought, let me pose a question:
Would this investment/gift have happened if it were not for the Arkansas River Trail?

Many people have contributed to the decades long effort to get us to where we are today, with Pulaski County Judge Buddy Villines and former North little Rock Mayor Pat Hays deserving much of the credit for their vision and tenacity. Perhaps Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola will be able to add his signature if he can bring about the completion of the River Bluffs trail section behind Dillard's HQ.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks Jbar.