Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vuelta a España Fantasy League

Ok, players,
I'm giving a little more notice than I did for the Tour de France Fantasy League on Velogames.com. We just had seven teams in the JBar Cycling Tour Minileague, but the results were as they should have been; I WON. Much like Mark Cavendish on a sprint stage, I sat steadily on the wheels of the leaders for most of the race, then jumped to a narrow lead in the end for the win. My picks of Wiggins, Sagan and Cavendish pulled in the big points, with Tejay van Garderen and others adding to the mix.


The Tour de France finishing leader board.

I'm just getting started picking my team for the Vuelta, and it will be hard deciding on a GC contender; Froome is fresh off of a bronze medal in Olympic individual time trial and second overall in the Tour behind his teammate, Wiggins. Alberto Contador has had some racing days on his legs since his recent return from a doping suspension and is sure to be riding with a huge chip on his shoulder in front of a very partisan Spanish audience. I actually think this will be a harder team for me to pick than my tour team.

Here's the JBarCycling Minileague information:


League Name: JBar Cycling League
League Code: 15022529

Sign up here , read the simple rules and pick your team. Use your budget wisely!






1 comment:

JBar said...

OK, losers, I've picked my team and my Spanish Flyers are ready to climb!