Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Orbea Retail Store Update

I drove by the Stifft Station Orbea Store this week and was somewhat surprised to see that it was closed and that the windows were covered with paper, leaving the place looking more than a little forlorn. Well, as Charlie Rich crooned, "no one knows what goes on behind closed doors", or papered windows in this case. I made a few inquiries and found that, after a few false starts, much speculation, and semi-public announcements of locations and opening dates, that the store is set to re-open soon in its present location. It is being remodeled and expanded to include a service department and a coffee bar, and I've been assured that the service staff will be first rate and that the baristas will be properly trained to do things up right. It doesn't take much of a barista to satisfy me, since my coffee requirements are typically met by "hot, black, and strong". To be honest, I really don't know how to order anything more sophisticated and it took me years to come around to using terms like "tall" and "grande". My tastes are simple, but I do demand a good cup of coffee and look forward to sampling the offerings at the new store.
I'll bring you more details as they are released, but it looks like we are, indeed, going to have a new bike shop in town.

No comments: