Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's time to get started!

I've been toying with doing this for a few months, but, being very private by nature I just haven't stepped up until now, but professional road bike racing has kicked off for the year, the days are getting longer and it's time to roll!

I'm an enthusiastic recreational road bike rider, riding 6000 to 8000 miles per year since I started riding about 4 1/2 years ago at age 50. I do a little mountain biking, but usually am driven to the woods only by really cold weather. Working on my bike and those of my lovely wife has taught me a little about wrenching (with a lot of help and advice from an enigmatic, gifted bike guru neighbor who we'll call Darwin, because I think he's naturally selected for damn near anything.). We have bikes in the dining room, bikes in the garage, bikes here in my basement office/ bike shop, bikes at our river house......... You get the picture. We also have too many kayaks, but they don't get to live in the dining room.

This blog will offer links to cycling articles and sites that I find interesting, some technical stuff and some commentary and opinion.

No comments: